Thursday, October 4, 2012

Our Closet...

Redoing the closet in our bedroom is by far my favorite project to date.  I still stop to admire the end result and drool over the extra space!

For starters, this is not my closet...but it all began with this photo on Pinterest.  Of course.  I found what became and still is my favorite blog, Simple Organized Living.  The lady that runs this site had posted some pictures of her closet remodel that were so inspiring!
http://www.simpleorganizedliving.com/2011/08/09/how-we-organize-our-master-closet/
Everything was so organized!  Each item had the perfect amount of space required.I began to feel that my own closet had more potential and it was time to make it happen.

Do you see what I mean?  Tons of wasted space. After some discussion with the guy who would actually be doing the work, (always my husband, for future reference) we drew up some plans and got started. 

Being the paupers that we are, we salvaged what wood we could find in the shed and dug up a can or two of old paint. 
 
In the process...


 We got exactly what we wanted in the end.  Two short hang rods (I call the bottom one!), a long hang to share, plenty of shoe racks, an AMAZING, deep, tall shelf, and a tucked-away shelf that stretches across the top. All painted WHITE.
100,000 times better!



 The doors were the main expense.  We had to tap into our fiercely guarded Home Budget to pay for those.  So worth it though!
My grandma made this rug for me.  I love having old things from people I love!

The doorknobs were fun.  Jonathan's boss had a box full of assorted doorknobs and accessories he offered us.  We spent a few hours debating and decided on these.  Not like anything I've seen on Pinterest, but I love them.

Now all we need is a microwave and a soda fountain installed somewhere in there...


No comments:

Post a Comment